PlantsUp one level
New England native plants bring a positive sustainable quality to your garden
- Buy Native Plants — by webmaster — last modified November 19, 2010
- Where and how to purchase your native plants from New England Wild Flower Society
- Featured Native Species — by Steven Ziglar — last modified August 13, 2010
- A selection of favorite native plants by Garden in the Woods' Horticulture Staff
- Ferns — by Steven Ziglar — last modified November 19, 2010
- Ancient, diverse, and fascinating
- Plant Information — by Steven Ziglar — last modified May 23, 2012
- New England Wild Flower Society's list of plants found in the eco-regions of New England. Horticultural information is given for gardeners to make informed decision on the placement of plants in their gardens.
- Woody Plants — by Steven Ziglar — last modified July 22, 2010
- Woody plants don't die off each year to the ground as their herbaceous neighbors do; the woody stem remains. These plants show four seasons of interest in the garden with growth in the spring, flowers in summer, color in the fall, and berries in the winter. They bring wildlife to the garden because of their flowers and berries. Visit the Garden Shop at Garden in the Woods, Framingham, MA, or Nasami Farm, Whately, MA, for a selection of woody plants. Please note directions and hours under Visit on this website.